Monitoring, Auditing and Compliance
The Conditions of Approval and various management plans prepared for the Googong Township IWC Project require monitoring to help ensure environmental mitigation measures are working effectively. The following monitoring has been undertaken:
- Construction Stage A - Network, Stage AB Water Recycling Plant: Monitoring of noise and vibration, and water quality; and collection of meteorological data.
- Operation Stage A - Network: Collection of water and wastewater data, monitoring of tankering operations and testing of operational noise since operations commenced in February 2014.
- Baseline monitoring of groundwater in the township area, and surface water and aquatic ecology (upstream and downstream of the project) commenced in September 2013 - this baseline data is summarised in the Water Management Plan and sub-plans, available at Water Management Plan.
- A summary of pollution monitoring data undertaken for EPL 20788 for the periods May and June 2017 is available here.
Monitoring data is available on request.
Audits and compliance reviews
Independent external audits are conducted regularly for IWC Project. Summaries of the audit findings and the follow up actions can be found below:
- Stage A – Network (west) on 4 June 2013 by NGH Environmental
- Stage A – Network (east) on 19 November 2013 by NGH Environmental
- Stage A – Network (west/east) on 14 May 2014 by NGH Environmental
- Stage A - Network (east) and Stage AB WRP on 28 October 2014 by NGH Environmental
- Stage A Network (east), Stage AB WRP and Stage B Network on 5 & 6 May 2015 by Ecology and Heritage Partners
- Stage AB WRP on 20 November 2015 by Ecology and Heritage Partners.
Compliance tracking is conducted regularly for IWC Project. Six monthly compliance tracking reports can be found below: